Professional Ethics for Helping Professions
Maintaining professional standards for therapists, coaches, teachers and other helping professionals.
27 November 2022
Are you a helping professional, such as a counsellor, psychotherapist, coach or teacher (mindfulness, meditation, yoga, etc)? If so, there are a set of core skills you need to keep yourself and your clients safe. This course will teach you everything you need to know about best practise and working within ethical guidelines.
- Fairness, equality & diversity, exploring the barriers clients may encounter in using our services
- Building an appropriate relationship with clients and handling conflicts of interest
- Safeguarding: what do we do if a client talks about suicide, self-harm, or harming others?
- Confidentiality, when to keep it and when to break it
- Data protection and keeping clients’ information secure
- Contracting and maintaining professional boundaries
- Core skills such as organisation, time management, communication and assertiveness
- Working within our remit and signposting clients to additional support
- Supervision and joining professional bodies
- Suitable insurance for helping professionals
- Personal development and practitioner self-care
We will explore each of these areas in a series of lessons backed up by reading material, case studies and exercises. The course features dozens of downloadable worksheets and examples so you can learn from real-world situations and apply the learning to your situation.
By the end of this course, you will be able to work with confidence, knowing that you can handle difficult situations with clients and work within ethical guidelines to protect yourself and your clients.
About Level 2
Level 2 is an introductory level qualification suitable for all. They typically do not require prior experience and will take 6-12 weeks to complete based on studying one module per week. See the course description for information specific to this course.
This course is available via our on-demand platform. You can learn at your own pace but you will access to your tutor if you have any questions or need additional support. Have some questions before joining the course? Reach out via the contact us page.
Why study with us?
Access your training from anywhere.
Work at your own pace using our virtual learning environment.
Got a question? No problem, just contact your tutor.
Evidence-based courses approved by CPD bodies.
Download your certificate once you have completed the course.
Buy with confidence with our 30-day money-back guarantee.