Mindfulness Teacher Training
Start your journey to becoming a mindfulness teacher. This introductory course will teach you everything you need to get started.
21 February 2024
Mindfulness is a transformative practice that involves deliberately focusing your attention on the present moment without judgment. It empowers individuals to observe their thoughts, emotions, and sensations as they arise, fostering self-awareness and emotional regulation.
By fostering self-awareness and promoting non-judgmental acceptance of one's thoughts and emotions, mindfulness can reduce stress, enhance emotional resilience, improve focus, and promote better relationships. It has the potential to boost overall mental health, leading to a greater sense of calm, clarity, and contentment in daily life.
Moreover, studies have suggested that mindfulness can also have a positive impact on physical health, potentially lowering blood pressure, improving sleep quality, and even boosting the immune system. These benefits, among others, make mindfulness a valuable tool for those seeking to enhance their quality of life.
In our Mindfulness Teacher Training course, you'll gain the knowledge and skills to not only experience these benefits for yourself but also to guide others on their journey towards a more balanced and harmonious life through the practice of mindfulness.
You will learn:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of mindfulness theory, including the core principles, mechanisms of action, and the distinction between state and trait mindfulness.
- Explore various approaches to mindfulness, from its historical development to contemporary applications in therapies like MBSR, MBCT, ACT, DBT, and more.
- Develop essential mindfulness techniques such as focusing, noticing, detaching, and labelling to effectively practice mindfulness in daily life.
- Discover the wide range of applications for mindfulness, including its use in managing conditions like depression, anxiety, pain, weight, addiction, and even enhancing focus, sports performance, and quality of sleep.
- Learn how to teach mindfulness, including the foundational elements, coaching strategies, and common misconceptions, whether in clinical settings, in-person, or online.
- Understand the safety considerations associated with mindfulness practices and how to address adverse events and risks effectively.
- Explore various career pathways related to mindfulness and the diverse population groups for which mindfulness practices can be tailored, from children to older adults and those with mental illness.
- Access example mindfulness practices and transcripts to apply and reinforce your learning.
The course is thoughtfully designed, featuring video lectures, downloadable resources, quizzes, practical exercises, and a comprehensive course handbook.
Students should have a basic familiarity with mindfulness. If you are new to mindfulness, complete our free 5-Day Mindfulness course first.
About Level 2
Level 2 is an introductory level qualification suitable for all. They typically do not require prior experience and will take 6-12 weeks to complete based on studying one module per week. See the course description for information specific to this course.
"Very clear course, structured and easy to follow. Short and concise lessons. Very engaged and knowledgeable teacher. I love it so long!" Begoña Martinez
"I love the way Chris taking me to the journey of understanding deeper and more about Mindfulness. I can grab the concept of Mindfulness easily and clearly." Anastasia Ang
"As a meditation and mindfulness student for 3-4 years and my husband is an e-learning specialist for 15+ years, this course is quite user friendly, it's informative and the material is delivered in a very clear and helpful way. I definitely recommend this course to anyone looking to teach or simply to improve their knowledge about mindfulness." Vivian Liao
Meet your instructor
Chris is a psychologist and teacher. He holds an MSc in Psychology (Conversion) from Leeds Beckett University and is a Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society. In addition, Chris is a Yoga Alliance-certified Registered Yoga Teacher.
Chris’s dissertation was the first paper to examine the effectiveness of mindfulness mHealth apps in clinical populations. He is the author of multiple books including Do More, Worry Less, and co-founder of the Leeds Anxiety Clinic.
What you will achieve
Completing the course will earn you a Level 2 Award in Mindfulness Teaching awarded by Holbeck College and accredited by the International Association of Therapists. You will receive a digital certificate.
Employers and other educational institutions will be able to validate your qualification using our online validation tool.
Here is an example certificate from our Level 1 Counselling Concepts course.
This course is available via our on-demand platform. You can learn at your own pace but you will have access to your tutor if you have any questions or need additional support. Have some questions before joining the course? Reach out via the contact us page.
Why study with us?
Access your training from anywhere.
Work at your own pace using our virtual learning environment.
Got a question? No problem, just contact your tutor.
Evidence-based courses approved by CPD bodies.
Download your certificate once you have completed the course.
Buy with confidence with our 30-day money-back guarantee.