Meditation Teacher Training
Start your journey to becoming a meditation teacher. This introductory course will teach you everything you need to get started.
21 February 2024
Meditation is a transformative practice that empowers individuals to cultivate inner peace, clarity, and well-being. It involves training the mind to focus on the present moment, fostering deep self-awareness and a profound sense of calm.
Through meditation, individuals can reduce stress and anxiety, enhance concentration and creativity, and develop emotional resilience. It's a powerful tool for managing the demands of our fast-paced lives, fostering a profound connection to our inner selves, and promoting overall mental, emotional, and physical health.
In our Meditation Teacher Training course, you'll gain the knowledge and skills to not only experience these benefits for yourself but also to guide others on their journey towards a more balanced and harmonious life through the practice of meditation.
You will learn:
- Explore the diverse cultural contexts of meditation, from Hinduism to Buddhism, Taoism, and Christianity.
- Gain a deep understanding of meditation theory and its various definitions, including its role as an altered state of consciousness.
- Discover the wide range of meditation techniques, from focused meditation to mantra meditation, and learn how to practice and teach them effectively.
- Explore the extensive health benefits of meditation, including stress reduction, relaxation techniques, and its application in mental health.
- Dive into the world of meditation research, from its early origins to the modern mindfulness revolution, and understand the challenges in researching meditation.
- Develop teaching skills and a structured approach to guide students through their meditation journey, utilising the Kolb learning cycle and effective class structures.
- Prioritise safety and well-being in meditation practice, learning to address adverse experiences, mitigate risks, and follow best practices for a safe and supportive learning environment.
We’ll explore different meditation techniques through practical exercises so you can get hands-on experience with different types of meditation. For each one, you’ll get an introduction, practice and list of teaching points. We’ll cover:
- Loving-kindness meditation (Maitrī, mettā)
- Focused meditation (breath, object-focused)
- Mantra meditation
- Gazing meditation (Trataka)
- Open monitoring meditation (mindfulness)
The course is thoughtfully designed, featuring video lectures, downloadable resources, quizzes, practical exercises, and a comprehensive course handbook. Students undertaking this course should have an interest in meditation. However, no formal training is required to undertake this course as all concepts are explained from the ground up.
About Level 2
Level 2 is an introductory level qualification suitable for all. They typically do not require prior experience and will take 6-12 weeks to complete based on studying one module per week. See the course description for information specific to this course.
"Brilliant course. Really accessible and well taught. It was interesting and Chris's delivery was really engaging. I would definitely recommend this course, even just to learn more about meditation for personal practice. I've already started using some of the techniques myself!" Rachel McDove
"Extremely mind-opening course! I initially thought meditation was one thing and I am so happy to have learnt that there are so many different types of meditations! I loved the scientific approach to the course and I loved the fact that Chris Worfolk has a psychology background! I can already see this course taking me forward in my practice and my future life vision!" Aurore Gebert
"Well prepared and informative course. I am happy with the contents and I already have started to use them during my meditation sessions. Thank you Chris and I will be joining in your other courses as well." Seçkin Akıncı
Meet your instructor
Chris is a psychologist and teacher. He holds an MSc in Psychology (Conversion) from Leeds Beckett University and is a Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society. In addition, Chris is a Yoga Alliance-certified Registered Yoga Teacher.
Chris’s dissertation was the first paper to examine the effectiveness of mindfulness mHealth apps in clinical populations. He is the author of multiple books including Do More, Worry Less, and co-founder of the Leeds Anxiety Clinic.
What you will achieve
Completing the course will earn you a Level 2 Award in Meditation Teaching awarded by Holbeck College and accredited by the International Association of Therapists. You will receive a digital certificate.
Employers and other educational institutions will be able to validate your qualification using our online validation tool.
Here is an example certificate from our Level 1 Counselling Concepts course.
This course is available via our on-demand platform. You can learn at your own pace but you will have access to your tutor if you have any questions or need additional support. Have some questions before joining the course? Reach out via the contact us page.
Why study with us?
Access your training from anywhere.
Work at your own pace using our virtual learning environment.
Got a question? No problem, just contact your tutor.
Evidence-based courses approved by CPD bodies.
Download your certificate once you have completed the course.
Buy with confidence with our 30-day money-back guarantee.