Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Learn the world's leading evidence-based psychotherapy.
6 February 2023
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is the gold standard of psychotherapy because of its proven effectiveness in improving mental health and wellbeing. This course will give you everything you need to understand what CBT is and how to use it.
CBT uses the cognitive model to help us better understand ourselves and make sense of our difficulties and uses a series of cognitive and behavioural strategies to make positive changes in our lives so that we feel better.
We will cover:
- What CBT is and how it works
- Step-by-step how to do CBT
- How the brain works and how we can conceptualise problems and understand ourselves
- How thoughts, feelings and behaviours are connected
- Understanding intrusive thoughts, worry and rumination
- Building a strong therapeutic relationship with clients
- We will then look in more detail at how CBT applies to depression, anxiety, social phobia, panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), insomnia and addiction. We’ll also look beyond CBT as newly emerging CBT-based psychotherapies.
The course comes with a comprehensive handbook as well as downloads and worksheets so that you have all the resources you need to deliver CBT to others or use it yourself.
About Level 2
Level 2 is an introductory level qualification suitable for all. They typically do not require prior experience and will take 6-12 weeks to complete based on studying one module per week. See the course description for information specific to this course.
"It is truly one of the best structured and most beautifully taught courses here! It's clear and straight to the point, that's why you will really remember what you've been learning during the course! I love it and I highly recommend it!" Joanna Saric
"Very good overview of CBT. Also a good repetition and summary if you have done similar courses before. Thanks Chris for that variety of subjects." Norbert Lender
"The content is amazing and easy to grasp. The lectures are not too long with only essential information allowing you to keep focused." Bronwen Thomas
This course is available via our on-demand platform. You can learn at your own pace but you will access to your tutor if you have any questions or need additional support. Have some questions before joining the course? Reach out via the contact us page.
Why study with us?
Access your training from anywhere.
Work at your own pace using our virtual learning environment.
Got a question? No problem, just contact your tutor.
Evidence-based courses approved by CPD bodies.
Download your certificate once you have completed the course.
Buy with confidence with our 30-day money-back guarantee.